- Ten years ago…I was at uni well into my law/commerce degree whilst working my way up the McDonalds food chain. My dear husband and I were in the early phases of our relationship…what fun, care free times!
- 5 things on my to do list… 1) some work around the house, cause I should let it be known, I am the worst housewife ever! 2) pay some bills 3) start my sister’s wedding album 4) reprint some ‘special offer’ postcards because I can’t spell ‘sepcial’!! Doh!!! 5) go to bed early for a change.
- Snacks I enjoy…chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate!!!
- If I were a millionaire… I would do the usual stuff like pay off my mortgage, help my family, go on a holiday, buy some lovely L series lenses, a new camera. Go to workshops all over the world…the list goes on and on.
- Places I’ve lived… Sydney and Brisbane
Monthly Archives: July 2008
My poor blog has been a bit neglected the last few weeks. I’ve been a busy little bee. My sister got married on Saturday. She literally was the picture of the perfect bride. I was maid of honour but in between professional shots, before we headed off to the service, I couldn’t help but capture just a few and I’m so glad I did.
The ones of my sister with my Lily are perfect…such a beautiful moment that I will, and I know she will, treasure for ever.
The wedding was beautiful…everything a bride could wish for. It was what fairy tales are made of…
You know those times in your life when you get an opportunity that you simply can not pass up? You know the kind of opportunity where regret would haunt you forever if you didn’t take it?
Well, an opportunity just like that popped up for me this week. I got an opportunity, whether by chance or sheer luck (I don’t know) to attend a photography retreat with one of the gurus of children and family portraiture (both in Australia and around the world), the one and only Miss Jinky, Barb Uil.
I’m totally beside myself with excitement. I simply can not wait until October when I pack my bags for the weekend and head to Canberra with 14 other photographers to learn from the best. Gosh, how’s a girl supposed to wait 3 months …I feel like a kid waiting eagerly for Santa to come down the chimney. I just can’t!
It’s not cheap and there’s so much more I could spend my money on – especially at the moment – but like I said before, regret would irk me for years to come I’m sure if I didn’t jump at the chance. Money simply can’t pay for an opportunity like this.
I’ve paid and got confirmation! Now to book some flights and I’m set.
Eeeekkk! I still can’t believe it.